Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Today, Dr. Kessler is a licensed clinical psychologist in the state of Wisconsin

Shortly after completing her undergraduate studies in psychology, Dr. Alanna Kessler decided shortly that, though she loved the field, advancing in the discipline would require further education. She enrolled in and completed both a master’s and doctorate degree at Argosy University, Schaumburg.

Today, Dr. Kessler is a licensed clinical psychologist in the state of Wisconsin and works as Assistant Professor of Pediatric Neuropsychology at the University of Wisconsin at Madison. She is responsible for conducting pediatric neuropsychology evaluations for outpatients, as well as providing consultation to a number of other multi-disciplinary clinics at the local children’s hospital.  

During her time at Argosy, Dr. Kessler was exposed to many of the subspecialties within psychology, including psychological assessment, cognitive rehabilitation, and child/adolescent therapy.  After completing a practicum in a pediatric neuropsychology clinic, she felt she had found her calling and was able to specialize in Pediatric Neuropsychology during a two-year fellowship completed at the Dartmouth Medical School.

Moving forward in the field of psychology didn’t come without a price, she says. “I have moved numerous times and lived great distances away from my family.  However, the high quality of training I received has afforded me the opportunity to work in an excellent institution near my family.”  

“Argosy afforded me unique learning and training opportunities,” she says. I had relationships with professors who took the time to get to know me.  Like all students at Argosy University, Schaumburg, I received individual mentoring and guidance through the clinical training department which gave me an advantage during the competitive internship process.” She adds, “Not only did I receive excellent educational and professional mentoring, but I also acquired a support network that I still trust and rely on today.”

Dr. Kessler is a member of the National Academy of Neuropsychology, the International Neuropsychology Society and Psi Chi National Honor Society.

No comments:

Post a Comment